Yoga asana is the exercise of body and mind together. It connects with the spirit of a person. Your mind and body match their rhythm with yoga. Our body has nine chakras. Means these chakras brings internal harmony and peace between the organs. Our chakras mostly get activated by doing yoga. This called as ‘kundalini jagruti’. Means awakening the internal power within our body. It helps our body to gain strength, emotional stability, and physical power. Doing yoga also helps to gain positive willpower. Have you seen when someone is trying to fight the terminal disease get positive power by doing yoga and meditation? Meditation also helps to gain peace and concentration in our life. Yoga is an exercise for our body.
Benefits of yoga
Yoga mainly focuses on breathing. We think breathing is normal but do we do it properly? The answer is no. We don’t do it properly because we don’t know how to do it. Why? Lack of knowledge and interest. Hey! We daily do breathing without any complication! It need not any type of knowledge and information. But you guys got it wrong! Breathing is not only for providing oxygen to your body or releasing carbon dioxide from our body but it is processed to calm and regulate our nerves. Doctors sometimes suggest that if nervousness or anxiousness is happening continuously with us we should concentrate on our breathing exercise. Breathing controls us and calms our body nerves. It helps us to release the stress. ‘Anulom- Vilom’ is a famous breathing exercise to practice. It literally solves stress issue and problems like anxiety attacks and panic attacks.
Yoga also boosts the immune system of our body.it boosts the body or energizes it. If you are doing regular basis yoga you will see that your body energy is high. You don’t get sleepy or lazy in the afternoon. You don’t feel low. You can handle stress better than anyone else. Etc.
Migraines occur when your body is dehydrated. Migraines are that type of headaches which leads to severe pain in half of your head. During headaches, you can’t handle the pain. It is unbearable. When the water consumption in our body is decreased migraines started to show its face. That is why doctors suggest that your daily water consumption should be 2 to 3 liters per day. Yoga reduces migraines. How? In yoga, there are certain positions given which help us to regulate the flow of blood. If we do it on a daily basis we will get results definitely.
There are innumerable benefits of yoga. You can’t count them easily. From flexibility to weight loss. Etc. there are some positions we can do for a daily basis.
Below are 10 sitting yoga positions
- Sit and spread your legs in front of you
- Joint your leg together (thighs should be touched)
- Inhale and move backwards.
- Then move front and bend down. Your hands should be touching to your toes or ankles of the legs.
- Stay like this for 1 minute.
- Sit like a Japanese position.
- Keep your hands on your knees.
- Sit straight, don’t bend it back.
- Keep this position for 2 minutes
- Sit and keep your legs in front of you
- Now slowly, try to lift up your legs and then try to hold them with hands
- Don’t bend them in knees
- Keep your abdomen and thighs touched.
- Your legs should be 30 degrees upward from the floor.
- Stay like this for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
This is easiest of all positions.
- Sit and spread legs in front of you
- Touch the floor with palms of your hands
- Your hands should be stiff.
- Your legs and toes should be touched.
- Try not to bend your knees.
- Sit stiff and straight.
This position is a lion-like position. Means have you seen how lion opens its mouth for roaring just like that.
- Sit on your legs means to keep your hips on your toes and there should distance between both legs.
- It means you have to sit like Japanese style but keep distance between your legs.
- Keep your hand palms in inward direct and in between your legs.
- Arch your back in the upward direction. Like lion.
- Then open your mouth.
- Bring your tongue out and try to open your mouth as much as possible. And tongue also.
- Sit like this for 1 to 2 minutes.
This position is a good exercise for reproductive organs. Some studies show that these positions help to lessen menstrual pain.
- Sit in Indian style just don’t connect your legs.
- Your toes should be connected.
- Hold your toes with your hands.
- And try to touch your thighs to the floor.
- Do this for 2 to 3 minutes.
This position is for relaxing the body. This position also helps while doing Pranayama and meditation. It brings peace and relaxation to your body.
- Sit like Indian Position.
- Means cross your legs between your thighs.
- Keep your hands on the knees and make Jnana Mudra of your fingers.
- Sit straight, don’t bend it back.
- Close your eye and concentrate on your breathing.
- Inhale and exhale. Or try Anulom and Vilom.
- Do this for 5 to 10 minutes for better concentration.
This asana helps to regulate the digestive system and to reduce menstrual pain. Also helps for concentration. The Padma means lotus. Sitting like lotus while concentrating on your body is called as Padmasana.
- Sit straight and don’t bend it back.
- Sit like Indian style, crossed legs between thighs.
- Place your hands on the knees just like sukhasana and focus on your breathing.
This asana is like a cat stretching its body. Have you seen it? It for releasing the numb muscles and releasing body pain. That is why it is called as Marjarasana.
- Try to stand like a cat.
- Stand on your palms and knees.
- Move your back and body in an upward direction.
- Then come to the original position.
- Try this for few seconds
- Sit like Japanese position.
- Breathe lightly
- Touch your forehead to the ground.
- Keep your hands beside your body.
- Stay like this for 3 to 4 minutes.
These are some sitting position you can do daily and will get better results.